65 products are available
New | Available
- The seeds are stimulant to the uterus, improve the menstrual discharge in oligomenorrhea and reduce the pain in lower abdominal region.
- Gachhakaya is the best medication for malarial fever.
- The skin of the seed being astringent is beneficial as a medicament for diarrhea, dysentery and colitis.
- The leaves fried in ghee, eliminate vata and relieve constipation, hence valuable in piles.
- Seeds &ndash are useful in vitiated conditions of Tridosha, arthralgia, inflammations, hydrocele, cough, asthma, lecuoderma, leprosy, skin diseases, dyspepsia, dysentery, colic, haemorrhoids, intestinal worms, hepatopathy, splenopathy, diabetes and intermittent fevers.
- It is a very good drug for malarial fever. Tincture of caesalpinia bonducella is used in Homeopathy.
New | Available
As we have already mentioned above, the Malva Nut is known as Niranjan Phal or Umasmangu in India. As per Ayurveda and Siddha medicines, Malva nut is extremely beneficial for cooling down the body and it is a recommended herbs to be consumed during summer and during the period of &ldquoAgni Nakshatra&rdquo. Thehealth benefits of Malva Nut (Umasmang) as per Ayurveda and Siddha medications are :
- CoolingCools down the entire body therefore, it is recommended for the following ailments :Fever
- Sore throats
- Tonsillitis (Tonsils)
- Throat infections
- Bloodshot eyes due to internal heat
- Boils due to internal heat
- Rashes due to internal heat
- Irregular Bowel Movements
- Irregular menstrual cycle due to internal heat
- Headaches due to internal heat
- Insomnia and sleep disorders due to internal heat
- Cleansing and DetoxifyingAs a detoxifying agent (Anti- toxicity), anti-inflammatory, and as antioxidant :Acne
- Pimples in the body and for boils that are due to toxic in the body
- Skin diseases like sorely rashes, eczema, and psoriasis
-  For cleansing the urinary organs (bladder, kidney, et cetera) and to prevent urinary tract infections (UTI)
- For removing water retention in the body.
- For removing toxic in the body due to irregular bowel movements.
- To relieve constipation
- To relive from bloody stool (blood in stool due to internal heat)
- For edema
- To relieve gastric, peptic ulcers, as well as for stomach ulcers
- To relieve arthritis (excessive water in between the joints)
- To relieve heartburn
- As it contains chemotherapeutic properties, it can also be used for the treatment and for the prevention of cancers.
How To Consume Malva Nuts (How To Eat Umasmangu)?
1. Wash the Malva nuts and soak it in water for 15 &ndash 30 minutes.
2) Remove the skin if you are to consume it for the purpose of relieving cough, sore throats, throat infections, et cetera. Otherwise, you can consume it along with the skin. If you do not like the taste of the skin, you may remove it too.
3) If it is too large, you may want to finely slice it into smaller pieces. (Recommended for kids).
4) Add it into your favourite beverages like coconut water, jeera water, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, apple juice, rose milk drink (avoid chemically produced colourants), green tea, lemon tea, chrysanthemum tea, jasmine tea, rose bud tea, or even in plain water mixed with pure honey, rock sugar, or jaggery. You can also add Sabja Seeds (Basil Seeds) together with your Malva nuts&rsquo drink. However, avoid mixing Malva Nuts with carbonated and alcoholic drinks as it will produce adverse effects to your health.
5) The Chinese will add the Malva Nuts into soups and traditional cooling beverages like &ldquotong sui&rdquo and &ldquoleng chee kang&rdquo (where the Malva Nuts will be boiled together).
6) In Thailand and Vietnam, Malva Puddings and Malva cakes are quite famous.
* You can soak the Malva Nuts in hot water but, avoid boiling it as it will decrease the healing properties. The best will be to soak the them in a lukewarm water for 20 minutes.View Details
New | Available
Health Benefits of Kutki
- Detoxifies the liver, blood, and GI tract
- Strengthens the liver
- Useful in liver, spleen, and gallbladder issues
- Relieves allergies and asthma
- Reduces inflammation
- Pacifies Pitta and Kapha conditions
- Benefits arthritic conditions
- Increases the digestive fire (Agni)
- Boosts the metabolism
- Useful in weight-loss therapy
- Boosts immunity
- Herbal antibiotic
- Treats fever
- Treats respiratory issues
- Clears the complexion
- Benefits skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis
- Treats UTI
- Clears congestion in the breast tissue
- Balances blood sugar
- Balances hormones
- Treats both diarrhea and constipation
- Reduces hyperacidity and nausea
How to Use Kutki
1. For Liver Health:
Take 1/2 tsp Kutki with 1 Tbsp Aloe Vera and 1 tsp honey. Take 3 times daily with meals
For Elevated Blood Sugar:
Take 1/2 tsp. Kutki with 1/2 tsp. Turmeric. Mix in 1/4 cup of warm water and take before each meal.
3. For Clear Skin:
4. For Parasites:
Take 1/2 tsp Kutki with 1/2 tsp Vidanga mixed in 1 tsp. of honey. Take 2 times daily before meals.
5. For Asthma and Allergies:
6. For Arthritis:
Take 1/4 tsp Kutki, 1/2 tsp Ginger and 1 tsp of Castor Oil. Mix together with warm water and take before bed each night.View Details
New | Available
Peepramul is also known as ganthoda not same as sonth (dry ginger) though. It is typically used in powder form with equal mix of ginger powder, jaggery and water to help with the gastric troubles and joint pains. Peepramul powder is derived from a rhizoid which is similar to ginger root. The characteristic odor and flavor of peepramul root is caused by a mixture of zingerone, shogaols and gingerols, volatile oils that compose about one to three percent of the weight of fresh peepramul root.
How to select
The peepramul powder should be free from dust, stones or ant debris. The powdered dry peepramul roots should be without any lumpiness. Check the expiry date before buying pre packaged peepramul powder.
· Young peepramul rhizomes are juicy and fleshy with a very mild taste. They are often pickled in vinegar or sherry as a snack or just cooked as an ingredient in many dishes.
· Peepramul powder can also be stewed in boiling water to make herbal tea, to which honey is often added as a sweetener sliced orange or lemon fruit may also be added
· Peepramul Powder is often used as a spice in Indian recipes and Chinese cuisine to flavor dishes such as seafood or mutton and vegetarian recipes.
How to store
The peepramul powder can be stored in an air tight container and used for months.
· In Ayurveda, it is advised to take ginger, licorice and Peepramul powder together everyday to guard the mobility of the body.
· Tea brewed with peepramul powder is a folk remedy for colds.
New | Available
Alsi (flax Seed)
1. अलसी के बीज और इसके तेल (जिसे flaxseed oil या linseed oil भी कहते हैं) में Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA) नामक तत्व होता है जो एक प्रकार का ओमेगा-3 फ़ैटी एसिड (omega-3 fatty acid) है और इसमें चिकित्सकीय गुण होते हैं.
2. अलसी के बीज का उपयोग खान-पान में मेसोपोटामिया सभ्यता काल से हो रहा है. भारत में भी यह आयुर्वेदिक उपचारों, भोज्य पदार्थ बनाने में प्रयुक्त होता रहा है. विज्ञान की नई खोजों से पता चला है कि अलसी कई प्रकार के रोगों और सामान्य स्वास्थ्य के लिए बहुत लाभकारी है. दुनिया के अनेक देशों में अलसी या Flaxseed लोकप्रिय और स्वास्थ्यप्रद आहार के रूप मे जाना जाता है.
3. अलसी के औषधीय गुण : आयुर्वेद में अलसी को मंदगंधयुक्त, मधुर, बलकारक, किंचित कफवात-कारक, पित्तनाशक, स्निग्ध, पचने में भारी, गरम, पौष्टिक, कामोद्दीपक, पीठ के दर्द ओर सूजन को मिटानेवाली कहा गया है.
4. इसके बीजों को गरम पानी में उबालकर या इसके साथ एक तिहाई भाग मुलेठी का चूर्ण मिलाकर काढ़ा बनाकर पीने से खूनी दस्त और और मूत्र संबंधी रोगों में लाभ होता है.
5. ओमेगा-3 फ़ैटी एसिड हमारे शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में सहायक होते हैं. ये सबसे अधिक मात्रा में समुद्री मछलियों से प्राप्त होता है लेकिन शाकाहारी लोग पर्याप्त मात्रा में अलसी का सेवन करके इसके लाभ प्राप्त कर सकते हैं. माना जाता है कि अलसी हमारे दिल को स्वस्थ रखती है.
6. अलसी के बीज में आयरन, जिंक, पोटैशियम, फोस्फोरस, कैल्शियम, विटामिन सी, विटामिन ई, कैरोटीन तत्व पाए जाते हैं.
9. इन्हें खाली खाएं, हल्का भून कर खाएं अथवा सलाद या दही में मिलाकर खाएं, चाहे तो जूस में मिलाकर पियें. यह जूस के स्वाद को बिना बदले उसकी पोषकता कई गुना बढ़ा देगा.
10. अलसी के बीज ( Flaxseeds ) ब्लड प्रेशर नियंत्रित करने, हाइपरटेंशन के रोगियों के लिए, ब्लड शुगर कंट्रोल में अत्यंत लाभदायक है.
11. यह बीज विटामिन बी काम्प्लेक्स, मैगनिशियम, मैगनीस तत्वों से भरपूर है जोकि कोलेस्ट्रोल को कम करते है.
12. अलसी में Poly Unsaturated fatty acids होता है जो कि विशेष रूप से ब्रेस्ट, प्रोस्टेट और कोलन कैंसर से बचाव करता है.
13. इन बीजों में पाए जाने वाला अल्फा-लिनोलेनिक एसिड जोड़ो की बीमारी आर्थराइटिस के लिए और सभी तरह के जॉइंट पेन में बहुत राहत दिलाता है.
14. गर्भवती स्त्रियों और स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं को इसका सेवन अवश्य करना चाहिए. आज भी शहरो और कस्बों के कई परिवारों में ऐसी स्त्रियों को अलसी के बने लड्डू और अन्य भोज्य पदार्थ दिए जाते हैं. यह इस बात का प्रमाण है कि हमारे पूर्वज अलसी का महत्व अच्छी तरह जानते थे पर हम इन्हें भुलाकर सिर्फ दवाइयां खाने में विश्वास करने लगे.
15. अलसी के बीज Omega 3 fatty acids का बहुत अच्छा स्रोत माने जाते हैं. ओमेगा3 फैटी एसिड्स की कैप्सूल्स का यह अच्छा विकल्प भी है. डाईटिशियन और डाक्टर भी आजकल इसे खाने की सलाह देते है.
16. यह बीज फाइबर से भरपूर होते हैं अतः यह वजन घटाने में भी बहुत कारगर है.
18. अलसी किडनी संबंधित समस्याओं में भी लाभकारी है. डायबिटीज़, कैंसर, ल्यूपस, और आर्थ्राइटिस आदि रोगों में भी इसके प्रभावों पर रिसर्च की जा रही है.
19. अलसी के बीज एंटी बैकटिरियल, एंटी फंगल और एंटी वायरल होते है. इनका उपयोग शरीर की रोगप्रतिरोधक-क्षमता बढाता है.
अलसी कैसे खायें
अलसी खाने का तरीका. अलसी के साबुत बीज कई बार हमारे शरीर से पचे बिना निकल जाते हैं इसलिए इन्हें पीसकर ही इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए. 20 ग्राम (1 टेबलस्पून) अलसी पाउडर को सुबह खाली पेट हल्के गर्म पानी के साथ लेने से शुरुआत करें. आप इसे फल या सब्जियों के ताजे जूस में मिला सकते हैं या अपने भोजन में ऊपर से बुरक कर भी खा सकते हैं.
दिन भर में 2 टेबलस्पून (40 ग्राम) से ज्यादा अलसी का सेवन न करें.
&ndash साबुत अलसी लंबे समय तक खराब नहीं होती लेकिन इसका पाउडर हवा में मौजूद ऑक्सीजन के प्रभाव में खराब हो जाता है, इसलिए ज़रूरत के मुताबिक अलसी को ताज़ा पीसकर ही इस्तेमाल करें. इसे अधिक मात्रा में पीसकर न रखें. बहुत ज्यादा सेंकने या फ्राई करने से अलसी के औषधीय गुण नष्ट हो सकते हैं और इसका स्वाद बिगड़ सकता है.
&ndash अलसी खाने से कुछ लोगों को शुरुआत में कब्ज हो सकती है. ऐसा होने पर पानी ज्यादा पिएं. अलसी खून को पतला करती है इसलिए यदि आपको ब्लड प्रेशर की समस्या हो तो इसके सेवन से पहले डॉक्टर से परामर्श कर लें.View Details
New | Available
An Ayurvedic herb Bakuchi is a renowned traditional Indian medicine for curing skin diseases like leucoderma. The botanical name of Bakuchi is Psoralia corylifolia and it comes from Fabaceae family. Described in Charak Samhita, this sees is applied on the affected area both internally and externally. One of the ingredients of apamargadi gati that is mentioned in Harit Samhita is Bakuchi.
While consumption, it tastes sweet and bitter at the same time whereas after digestion, it smells pungent. It can also be used for constipation because of its coolness. It also helps check bleeding and used for kapha, vayu and also in strengthening of hair as well as purification of skin.
OTHER BENIFITS OF BAKUCHI
- Used in psoriasis
- Consumed orally with honey, it helps cure constipation
- Bakuchi can be consumed by adding musli powder with it for curing deafness.
- Oil of Bakuchi and sesame can be combinely used for curing vitiligo.
New | Available
Health Benefits & Uses of Camphor (Kapur/Kapoor/Karpooram)
Camphor or so called as Kapur/Kapoor is a white waxy solid with a firm crystal clear strong perfumed spice. It is extract from camphor plant&rsquos leaves and bark and obtained by isoprenoids through the chemical formula C10H16O.It is found in the wood and leaves of the laurel camphor that is scientifically known as (Cinnamomum camphora).
It is a huge evergreen plant that can grow to about a height of 50 to 100 feet its branches are spread all around so they look much broader beside tall. It has a very rough pale bark and fissured vertically. It produces clusters of berry like fruit which are black in color, each berry fruit around (1 cm) in diameter.
It is an evergreen tree that grows in exotic conditions of Asia, Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan and has been introduced to many other countries. Cinnamomum camphora is believed to be native to China&rsquos southern part of the Yangtze River.
Ayurvedic Properties of Camphor
-  Rasa (taste): Tikta (bitter), Katu (pungent), Madhura (sweet)
- Guna (qualities) : Laghu (light to digest), Rooksha (Dryness)
- Vipaka-Katu: undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion.
- Veerya &ndash Sheeta: coolant in nature.
- Effect on Tridosha: It Balances Kapha, Pitta Dosha.
Different Types of Camphor
In India Camphor has its own importance it have a unique position in the Hindu tradition of pooja, other festive function and traditional law. There are varieties of camphora, such as &ldquoBhimseni camphor&rdquo or so called Baras Camphora, Cini camphor it is also known as Japani Karpura (D. Camphora), Patri camphor or Nagi Karpura camphor (B.Lacera) beside this there is also a camphor called Krutima camphor it is Synthetic camphor which is prepared using turpentine, it is generally used in used in ritual ceremony and in various Indian tradition but is not used for remedies or for medical use. It is believe that the puja/ritual ceremony cannot be accomplished without Bhimseni Camphor.
What Is Bhimseni Kapoor?
Among the varieties of camphor the &ldquoBhimseni camphor&rdquo has its own importance, it have been used in ayurvedic medicine and puja since ancient time. It is also called as Malay camphor, Sumatran camphor, Borneo camphor or Barus camphor and is heavier by nature that sinks in water easily than Chinese camphor. It is naturally formed in the stems of Dryobalanops plant, it have about seven subfamily species, it is  found in cluster form in the tropical forests of Sumatra, Peninsular, Borneo and  Malaysia West Malesia.
Why Bhimseni Camphor Is Used In Puja/Ritual Ceremony?
It is believed that the ordinary camphor has saviour (Tarak) properties by nature and it can be used to invoke the Saviour Principle of the Deity during worship. Whereas the Bhimseni camphor has destroyer (Marak) properties by nature, is more powerful than ordinary camphor.  So it can invoke the Destroyer Principle of the Deity during worship. Due to the properties of Marak (Destroyer) it is believe to be more useful in destroying negative energies and for casting off evil-eye.
Ayurvedic Properties Of Bhimseni Camphor
- Marak ( it is destroyer in nature)
- Raja ( it have high flame with great emission of smoke)
Beside this it has various properties such as
- It has strong fragrance.
- The colour of the smoke/flame is reddish black.
- It lasts for a longer time.
Camphor Uses and Benefits of Burning Camphor
The burning of camphor in an Indian tradition has a special meaning. It is believe that when pure white color camphor when burned acquires the huge fire (Agni) and burn completely, without leaving any residue. The same way when lighting camphor before God can destroy a sign burning our illusion or ego with the fire of true knowledge, which will merge with God, leaving no residue. Camphor is used daily in Hindu family to light diyas, by burning camphor as part of daily prayer. It also contributes to purify the surrounding air and prevent harmful bacteria, viruses and mosquitoes away.
Camphor has extraordinary medical properties. It safeguards us against many illnesses by killing bacteria that prevails in the warm atmosphere it prevails in most parts of India. According to Ayurveda when the camphor is burn it purifies the atmosphere. When the devotees place their palms on Aarti (a plate in which camphor is burned) and put the palms of his nose and eyes, they absorb the medicinal benefits.
In Aarti camphor remains for a very short time, in Hindu mythology it signifies as human that has a short span of life. It is the physical and sensual pleasures that come from attachments caused by Avidya or so called Agynana. Therefore, Aarti motivates devotees to discover God, which is permanent. As Aarti is short-lived, it compels the devotee to focus their attention on God.
Therapeutic Uses of Camphor
- It comforts nasal blockage and cough, when applied on the chest as oil.
- Camphor is used as a component in throat drops and cough syrup and chock let like Vicks.
- Camphor is additionally used in various anti-itch ointments, gels of cooling and creams, as it can be preoccupied through the skin. It is capable in treating pain locally.
- It has an anaesthetic effect which makes it best-loved oil. It is also used in blends of massage to release pain from arthritis and muscle aches.
- Camphor is known to improve air quality, It is better for our lungs and heart. Many people are not knowledgeable about the power of camphor as a mosquito repellant, but it is very effectively with no side effects and low cost too.
- Camphor oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to relieve acne, pimples, boils it is also beneficial in reducing pain, swelling that are resulted due to gum infection, neuralgia and rheumatism.
- Even thou camphorated oil are not recommended for use on broken skin, but it have found beneficial to get rid of infection of toe nails fungus.
- It can be used as hair care product, for treating itchy head, lice-infested hair, and helpful towards dandruff too with the combination of camphor oil with a coconut oil
- Camphor is a superb cleanser it tones the skin and helps the scars calm that are resulted by burns, it even smoothes the rough cracked and coarse heels.
- It has a antispasmodic properties that can work&rsquos well to reduce problems such as tired worn out muscles, sprains, joints, cramps as well as spasms.
How To Uses Camphor As Mosquito Repellent
Using Camphor as a natural mosquito repellent is very simple. No need to burn camphor. There are two simple ways to execute it.
- Take tablets of camphor which is available in the market and bring any mosquito matt repellent kit that is easily available in the market. Connect a kit and place tablets on it for an hour and see the results.
- Take tablets of camphor and place it in different corners, generally dark place of the room, where mosquitoes seem to love to stay. Keep there and let it be evaporating naturally. Keeping camphor will not only keep the air pure but also keep free of mosquitoes.
Medicinal Properties & Uses Of Camphor
1.Cough and cold: Camphor has been used as traditional medicine for cough and cold it can be used with water, boil it for about ten minutes and inhale the vapor it is an excellent way to treat cough and cold. Every time a person contends with severe cough and cold he can breathes in the vapor of camphor and boiling water to get relief. When the camphor is breathed in form of vapor it form a coating around the inner surfaces of the respiratory organs this way it help in reducing irritation of the throat and is also very effective in treating bronchitis.
2.Anti-oxidant properties: The Research on Camphor extracts reveal that it have significant amount of anti-oxidant properties in it. The Antioxidants are biochemical that can actually help&rsquos in reducing all the oxidation process that can lead to the creation of free radicals. The Free radicals are chemicals that alter the tissues and cells in our body and may lead to ailment such as diabetes, liver disease, cardiovascular disease and some time it may even cause cancer.
3.Antineuralgic: Neuralgia is a severely painful situation it triggered when the ninth cranial nerve is affected due to inflammation of the blood vessels surrounding and it may be treatable using camphor oil. The camphor oil can make the blood vessels contract and therefore it reduces the pressure around the ninth cranial nerve. This is really is another best use of camphor used as painkillers.
4.Anti-inflammatory properties: Camphor has been used as traditional medicines, like Ayurveda and in Chinese tradition for a long time to get rid of muscle pain and rheumatism. Study on the Camphor extracts has found that it has anti-inflammatory properties that not only restricted to muscle aches but also lower the cholesterol levels.
5.Antimicrobial/ insecticidal properties: The study was done on extracts of camphor leaves, it have been found that it have anti-microbial qualities that are capable in managing bacterial and fungal strains to some extent. Apart from the antimicrobial qualities, it also has various essential oils that have insecticidal qualities. So it it&rsquos clear that practice of using camphor as an anthelmintic drug in Ayurveda was clinically right.
New | Available
Sowa (dill Seeds),sepha
Health benefits of dill or sowa seeds
Dill seeds also known as sowa in Hindi, is a herb that not only adds flavour to your food but also helps keep you healthy. A special ingredient among Indian curries, dill seeds are mainly used for
Dill seeds also known as sowa in Hindi, is a herb that not only adds flavour to your food but also helps keep you healthy. A special ingredient among Indian curries, dill seeds are mainly used for the tangy and appetizing flavour they add to foods. Used from leaves to seeds, this plant does immense good for your body, right from  regularising your digestive system to enhancing your immunity and controlling blood pressure. Here are the 7 health benefits of dill seeds.
Dill acts as a laxative and improves the functioning of your digestive system, cleansing your bowels and improving its functioning. It secretes juices that help improve the digestion of heavy foods, helping the body absorb nutrients easily.Apart from that , the oil of dill smoothens the intestines ensuring no pain while passing stools.
Ensures you sleep well
Insomnia is a common ailment amongst people these days, but dill seeds can help beat that problem, ensuring you have a good night&rsquos sleep. Packed with enzymes and vitamins like vitamin B, dill acts as a sedative, relaxing the body and helping in sleep.
Strengthens your bones
Dill has a good proportion of calcium in it, which is a must to avoid brittle bones especially among those suffering with osteoporosis. It also helps hasten the healing process of bones and is therefore is a great substitute for milk.
Dill seeds are packed with flavonoids and monoterpenes that act as very potent anti bacterial agents coupled with its digestive properties, dill seeds are a great remedy for an upset stomach. It not only helps get rid of the infection, but also aids in restoring the functioning of your digestive tract and strengthens your immune system.
Beats bad breath
Due to its carmative properties, dill seeds are also great at beating bad breath. Not only does it help change the smell of your breath but also helps better your digestion, beating bad breath from the root.
New | Available
Description :  It is antibacterial, anticatarrhal, antifungal, antiinflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, aromatic, bitter, cardiotonic, carminative, cordial, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, expectorant, nervine tonic, stimulant and stomachic. It has a slight irritant action on the mucous membrane of the stomach. It is a warming herb used for abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea and hiccups, as well as for diarrhoea due to internal cold. Also useful in catarrhal affections. Has antiinflammatory properties and is useful in rheumatism and rheumatoid arthritis. It is also useful for many respiratory ailments like bronchitis, asthma, whooping cough, etc. Also recommended as a cure for halitosis, stammering and inflammation of the mouth and pharynx.
It is considered to be a good remedy for impotence and nervousness. The Arabs &lsquoused it to make their horses fiery&rsquo. The use of rhizome in impotency and as an aphrodisiac was examined during 1992. It caused a significant gain in the weight of the sexual organs and increased sperm motility and sperm count in male mice.
Recommended Dosage : 2 to 4 g powder of dried rhizomes.View Details