Kapoor Kachri Powder
It is a herbal powder used in Ayurvedic Medical Sciences. It comes from a ginger plant which grows to 1 m, with white flowers, large oranges and green leaves. The species occur in central and western Himalayas. It is a popular ingredient for face pack and in preparation of cuisines. It when ads up to food give a tangy taste.
- Botanical Name: Hedichium Spicatum
- English Name: Spiked ginger lily, named after it\'s Lily -like flowers and it\'s spikes.
- Sanskrit Name: Shati
- Other names: Kapur Kachadi, Kapur Kachari, Kapur Kachri, Kapoor Kachli,
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- Its fragrance is very pleasant.
- It is a rhizome.
- Taste- bitter, pungent and astringent
- Drug Class: stomachic, tonic, bactericide, fungicide, expectorant.
Parts of plant used to make it:
- It is used mainly as a anti-asthmatic agent.
- It is also used in asthma, bronchitis, pain, nausea, inflammations and in hiccups.
- It is used worldwide in preparation of various cuisines.
- It is considered useful as it promotes hair growth and ideal for scalp related conditions such as infections and dandruff.
- It is also used in indigestion and in case of treatments such as fever,vomiting,pains and liver disorder.
Best results for hair:
The Kapoor Kachri powder is to be mixed in a glass of water or with conditioner, serum, shampoo or anything to make a paste and use it in your hair so as to get the best results. It will strengthen up your hair and volumize it. With its regular use it can control the hair fall. For the best results it must be used with conditioner or oil as it makes the hair dry which will be evident after first wash.