Inadequate lactation due to subnormal physiological status or post-partum stress.
15-30 gms twice a day with milk.
1) Increases the quality and quantity of breast milk without any adverse effects.
2) Safe for a longer period of time.
3) Provides nutrition for the lactating mother.
4) No known drug interaction.
DO'S AND DON'TS
1) Ensure proper and timely breast feeding of the child.
2) Have proper nutritious food especially rich in calcium to ensure proper health.
1) Avoid non-vegetarian foods.
2) Avoid smoking, tobacco chewing and alcohol during lactating period.