Brahmi is a very  well-known herb and worldwide used as memory booster and mind alertness promoter. Commonly known as Bacopa monnieri in Latin, is an herb that helps in increasing mental capacity and decreasing mental stress. It is Widely used as antioxidant and in improving the brain cell functions and also found in marshy lands and area, which are damp. Brahmi grows freely everywhere in India and is available all throughout.
Brahmi finds its major application in brain related problems. It has been used from very ancient times to improve intelligence level and for making mind alert. It helps in maintaining mental calmness and has an appetite for stress. It helps in improving mental performance and increasing learning capacity, only for this reason it has been promoted as a brain tonic by ancient gurus in India, to make there disciples (students) learn and retain all the knowledge given to them by heart. It helps in making mind sharp and increases learning skills.
Brahmi  is well known and act as a nerve reliever because of its laghu (light) gunna (property). It helps in relieving nervous congestion and strain from them, as it possesses ushan virya potency, thereby it reduces vata dosha, which is main culprit in causing such problems. It also gives soothing feel Due to the presence of tickt rasa which  easily penetrates into the tissues.
Brahmi  is helpful in increasing mental concentration level. A great success has been found in patients who suffer from epilepsy and convulsions disorders. Regular use of Brhmi causes a reduction in the  Amount of fits initially gets  and then ultimately fades away thus curing the patient of their ailment. Brahmi also has good effects on patients suffering from insomnia. It helps in relieving them with all their stress and makes them feel good and relaxed. As it also has action on nervous system it helps in decreasing anxiety and mental fatigue, to make you discover your lost mental capacity and promotes freshness in your mind. Brahmi has been found very effective in depression related problems. It helps in rejuvenating there lost energies and makes them feel good and relaxed.
Brahmi is also very effective in treating menstrual disorders and painful menses .It detoxifies body as it has the tendency to increase sweat, releasing from the body thereby purifying sweat pores and maintain the proper functioning of sweat glands. It also finds its application in cough and cold related problem. Asthmatic patients have also been seen getting great relief from regular use of Brahmi.
Brahmi also finds its application as an herb, which stimulates heart for its normal functioning, and also as hypotensive agent thereby lowering blood pressure to maintain it to its normal levels. It is very useful in maintaining normal body temperature thus relieving body from hyperthermia and fevers. Due to presence of tickt rasa it removes all the toxins present in blood stream. It also act as diuretic agent therefore helps in relieving stress accumulated in body and releasing spasms. Since centuries Brahmi has been used as rasayan, hence it is used to attain long life while having energy just like a youth. It works as an antioxidant and retards aging thus keeps the person young and youthful It is also helpful in treating general body weakness and promotes energy levels like never before.
Benefits of Brahmi/ Bacopa
Brahmi improves intellect, consciousness, and mental acuity.
Brahmi improves memory, mental clarity and longevity.
Brahmi is most commonly used to get better mental alertness, and enhance learning and academic performance.
Brahmi calms the mind and promotes relaxation.
Brahmi raises protein synthesis and activity in brain cells.
Brahmi decreases anxiety, restlessness, and senility.
Recent scientifical  studies have suggested that Brahmi helps in Improving Intellect.
Brahmi has been used in traditional Indian medicines. Brahmi is believed to be able to treat several health conditions and offer many benefits for the body.
Mental Health Benefits
1. Brhmi  can be taken for Mental Health conditions such as depression and mental fatigue. Brahmi can be taken for stress and anxiety relief. It can also rejuvenate mental clarity and brain functioning.
2. It has been found that Oil found in Brahmi restores, preserves and enhances memory. It nourishes the brain. Brahmi is given to infants in India to boost memory power and intelligence. Students can take it to enhance the mind&rsquos ability to focus better and learn.
3. Brahmi can be used for treating health issues such as bronchitis, asthma, chronic coughing, hoarseness, rheumatism, backache, fever, fluid retention, purifying the blood, constipation, physical fatigue, insonmia and digestive problems.
4. Brahmi is beneficial to the skin. It can be used to treat such as eczema, psoriasis, ulceration and abscess. It can also treat chronic skin conditions.
5. Brahmi has antioxidant properties and can reduce oxidation of fats in the blood stream, which is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. The herb additionally stimulates anticancer activity.
6. Brahmi can be a treatment for hair loss. Because of the herb&rsquos antioxidant properties, Brahmi allows proper nourishment to reach hair roots and promote growth. Its oil also can help with dandruff. Brahmi&rsquos oil additionally can prevent hair splitting at the ends and hair discoloration.
1-2 Teaspoon twice in a day with warm water