An Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine
Benefits of Zandopa
- Zandopa, a unique research product, contains richest natural sources of L-dopa, the plasma half life of which is similar to that from synthetic L-dopa, carbidopa formulations hence frequency of dosage is comparable.
- L-dopa of Zandopa is readily bioavailable, crosses BBB more easily than synthetic L-dopa, leading to better efficacy of the product.
- Zandopa offers predictable efficacy and better tolerance compare to synthetic L-dopa, hence safe for long term use.
- Zandopa offers better patient compliance due to better toleranceand lesser side effects.
- Zandopa replenishes depleted stores of striatal dopamine in Parkinson's disease.
- Zandopa improves all the signs and symptoms of Parkinsonism. Bradykinesia responds first followed by rigidity and tremors.
- Improvement of these primary neurologiacal symptoms is accompanied by similar improvement in overall functional ability.
- Secondary motor symptoms such as disturbance in posture, gait, associated movements, facial expressions, speech, handwriting, swallowing and respiration are also prominently improved.
Zandopa also favourably influences the psychic behavioural pattern producing a sense of well being and an increased interest in self and surroundings.
Long term safety studies conducted on laboratory animals have not shown any serious toxicity with Zandopa in a dose as high as 10% of the diet.
Indications for use of Zandopa
Composition (Each 7.5gm Zandopa contains)
- Standardized processed seed powder of Kauncha (Mucuna Pruriens ) - 6.525gm in a flavoured base
- All known precautions and contraindications as applicable to synthetic L-dopa formulations should also be followed while prescribing Zondopa.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, if taken by patients, must be discontinued atleast 2 weeks prior to institution of Zandopa.
- As with levodopa, periodic evaluations of hepatic, heamatopoietic, cardiovascular and renal functions are recommended during extended trherapy with Zandopa.
- Zandopa should be administered with caution in severe cadiovascular or plumonary disease, brochinal asthma, renal, hepatic or endocrine disease and in presence of peptic ulcer or chronic narrow angle glaucoma.
- Side effects include nausea, anorexia, cardiac irregularities, orthostatic hypotension, weight gain, hot flushes, numerous dyskinesias and psychiatric symptoms such as agitations, hallucinations, delusions and nightmares.
- Side effects as encountered with synthetic L-dopa formulations have not been seen to the same severity with Zandopa.
Suggestion for Parkinson's Disease Patient
Appropriate treatment helps to keep the patient working and enjoying active life for many years. With proper medication, patience, and perseverance to stay active, your sign and symptoms can be controlled for many years.
Dosage of Zandopa
As directed by the physician.
Guidelines for Calculation of Zandopa Dose: Click Here to know more about Zandopa:
Directions for use Zandopa
- In a half glass of water (approx. 100ml) suspend prescribed dose of Zandopa Powder, stir and drink immediately. A measure of 7.5gm (approx.) is provided in the container.
- L-dopa content of Zandopa powder is readily soluble in water. Patients finding difficulty in swallowing of the bulk may be advised to stir the powder in water for nearly one minute. Clear solution thus obtained may be consumed by the patient.
- Not to be taken with milk.